Favorite Quotes:

"Be the change you want to see in the world."



"You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result"

- Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Greener Driving

In my persuit of GREENNESS I have been driving a Prius since 2011.   I was driving an SUV and my daily driving habits consisted of making a minimum of four to six short trips to three schools and plus various other short errands.   This was getting me horrible gas mileage.  I was averaging about 13mpg which was terrible and expensive.  I loved the space in my SUV and all the seating for my family of five but watching the mpg's made me cringe! 

On a trip to San Francisco, my husband and I decided to do as the locals and rented a Toyota Prius for a few road trips to surrounding areas and down the pacific coast highway.   Needless to say we LOVED the average 50mpg we were getting and the level of technology the car was equipped with.

We started our Prius search shortly after the big earthquake in Japan so it was difficult locating the model we wanted.  The moment one came available we bought it.    Living in an area with many high end luxury cars, my teenagers cringed at the thought of being taxied around in a "PRIUS".   I had to convince them that being "green" and driving this high tech hybrid was way cooler than the gas guzzling luxury cars.  I have really enjoyed driving the Prius but I have to be brutally honest and say I still have a slight desire to have a stand out luxury car.

This brings me to my new hearts desire....I can be green and turn heads in a new TESLA!!! I wish!!!
I have started to see a few driving around in my area.  

No comments: