Favorite Quotes:

"Be the change you want to see in the world."



"You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result"

- Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I am back on the blog horse again

Wow have I been gone a really long time.  My quality of life was slowly slipping away.  I was hurting all over and feeling weak and fatigued.  Even though I was going to the gym to work out twice a week I just never felt good.  In June 2010 I ended up with torn cartilage in my knee and had surgery.  I spent about 4 months in physical therapy to get my knee to straighten and bend completely.  It never happened.  I finally went back to a rheumatologist and for the second time was diagnosed with fibromyalgia.  That is a diagnosis I just never "believed in."  I was at the end of my rope so I went ahead and took the medication he prescribed.  On the fourth day on the medication I felt like a person again.  My leg was better, my random aches were gone, and I had energy.   Now I am back in the game and starting to live.  I am signed up for a series of stained glass classes, I have sewing projects to work on, a new garden that is dying for some TLC, and lots of reading and learning to do about writing.   I also plan on keeping up with my blogs.

No comments: