Favorite Quotes:

"Be the change you want to see in the world."



"You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result"

- Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Make a few changes and set some goals



I have been out of circulation for a few months but now I am back. This is the beginning of my new year.

It seems the new buzz word is "Carbon Offsets" and buying carbon offsets to compensate for the CO2 you can't control. One emission-reduction project is reforestation. First you calculate your carbon footprint...ouch, then you purchase carbon offsets to compensate for it. CARBON FOOTPRINT is a good place to start for more information.

I am taking baby steps, shame on me, but then again what are you doing? I am placing air-filtering house plants in my house, planting shrubs and plants in my yard, and growing some of my own herbs and vegetables.

No comments: